Subject: Re: Editing nvramrc from within NetBSD?
To: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2001 18:54:02
At 9:32 PM -0400 5/22/01, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

:)> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#boot-trouble
:)>
:)> ofwboot has not started to run.  Is your RAM well-tested and OK?  CLAIM
:)> failed is a RAM corruption issue AFAIK.
:)
:)Thanks, I'd checked that out -- I just wanted to find out whether or not
:)this was expected behavior on a 7300.  Sounds like it's not :(.  Booting
:)NetBSD from disk hasn't shown up any problems yet; on the other hand, I
:)haven't tried anything memory intensive, either.

Hmmm.  Is the ofwboot.xcf on your netboot server corrupt?  Is your tftp
server fragmenting the packets?  Is your load-base set to 600000?

:)I'd also like to take one last stab at the message subject -- is there any
:)way to edit open firmware environment variables from within netbsd?

No idea.  I'd guess not.

Good luck,
  -- MW