Subject: Re: Editing nvramrc from within NetBSD?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2001 21:32:52
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#boot-trouble
>
> ofwboot has not started to run.  Is your RAM well-tested and OK?  CLAIM
> failed is a RAM corruption issue AFAIK.

Thanks, I'd checked that out -- I just wanted to find out whether or not
this was expected behavior on a 7300.  Sounds like it's not :(.  Booting
NetBSD from disk hasn't shown up any problems yet; on the other hand, I
haven't tried anything memory intensive, either.

I'd also like to take one last stab at the message subject -- is there any
way to edit open firmware environment variables from within netbsd?

Cheers,

  -- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>