Subject: Re: Editing nvramrc from within NetBSD?
To: Wesley Horner <wesman@resnet.uoregon.edu>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2001 15:49:25
At 3:08 PM -0700 5/22/01, Wesley Horner wrote:

:)> The hardware address ain't the problem :).
:)>
:)> The Mac sends sends out a bootp query and receives a reply and at least
:)> begins a tftp transaction.  The "CLAIM failed" message appears before the
:)> kernel starts to boot -- possibly while ofwboot is still in control.
:)
:)Hmm.  Is the size of the file specified in the bootp config or is it auto?
:)Like I said it has been a while so it is unlikly that I have the old config
:)that I used laying around.  In any case I do know that powersurge systems
:)can be netbooted.  As to which OSen can do it I am not sure.  If I get a
:)spare moment I can try it with netbsd and see what happens.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/
Granted, I wrote it based on my (working) PowerBook (FireWire) and
(non-working) PowerMacintosh 7500.  I never had a CLAIM failed problem.

  -- MW