Subject: Re: Editing nvramrc from within NetBSD?
To: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
From: Wesley Horner <wesman@resnet.uoregon.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2001 15:00:07
> (2) I was hoping that it was possible to net boot a PM7300.  Alas,
>     the 7300 appears to be one of the machines that simply can't
>     netboot -- it starts loading the kernel from the boot server and
>     then dies with a "CLAIM failed".
>
>     Is there anything that can be done to successfully netboot a
>     7300?

The 7300 is a powersurge machine if I recall.  I was able to boot linuxppc
on it when I tried it a few years ago.  The problem I had was that the
hardware address doesnt show up correctly under macos.  The real mac
address can be obtained from within openfirmware or you can grab it
with a packet filter.

wes

--
Vax  a vicious creature known to eat 110AC and quotes through its