Subject: Re: Editing nvramrc from within NetBSD?
To: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2001 13:31:53
At 4:25 PM -0400 5/22/01, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

:)(2) I was hoping that it was possible to net boot a PM7300.  Alas,
:)    the 7300 appears to be one of the machines that simply can't
:)    netboot -- it starts loading the kernel from the boot server and
:)    then dies with a "CLAIM failed".

This is not the problem that my 7500 has -- the netboot problem the docs
talk about is that some early models don't get the BOOTP information
correctly, which results in a stream of "TFTP Timeout" messages.

CLAIM failed has other causes, and you'd probably get the same error trying
to load that kernel from another medium.

  -- MW