Subject: Re: Installing to PowerBook G4
To: Yutaka KAWASE <yutaka@mailhost.net>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2001 20:38:01
From: Yutaka KAWASE <yutaka@mailhost.net>
Yutaka> 0 > boot enet:0,ofwboot.xcf enet:0,netbsd.ram.gz
Yutaka> open enet:0,netbsd.ram.gz: No such file or directory
Yutaka> open enet:0,netbsd.ram.gz/netbsd: No such file or directory

Try
0 > boot enet:0,ofwboot.xcf enet:0/netbsd.ram.gz
Note: slash instead of comma.
or just
0 > boot enet:0,ofwboot.xcf netbsd.ram.gz
or just
0 > boot enet:0,ofwboot.xcf

Yutaka> One thing I tried to place the kernel (netbsd.GENERIC.gz) unzipped and
Yutaka> renamed as 'netbsd' then placed /export/client/root direcoty of the
Yutaka> NFS server. Then it goes further. The Mac's screen redraw and says

OK, you have resolved already,

Yutaka> console keybord type: ADB
Yutaka> [ preserving 197092 bytes of netbsd ELF symbol table ]
Yutaka> on the top of screen in a lager font, and on the bottom,
Yutaka> method <`usb-kbd-ihandle> not found; ihandle=ffbc8500 phandle=ff8f2208
Yutaka> in a smaller font. What it going on here?

I believe those are normal. Do you have any problem then ?
---
Makoto Fujiwara, Chiba Japan,
For installing with MacOS Label manually, see
http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/