Subject: Greetings, anyone try NetBSD on new ibook g3 500 mhz?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jason <gee308@mediaone.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/18/2001 07:50:48
Hello, I'm new to the this list,
  I just bought my first mac (ibook2) last week to try out OSX, it is
currently not very useable, so I watch to try out the *BSDs.  I searched
the archives, but could not find any message of someone installing 1.5
onto the ibook2.  Any luck with it?  The supported hardware listalso
doesn't show the ibook2 (I'm hoping it just wasted update yet).
Another question, I don't know how the other macs work, but the new
ibook also doesn't have a cd eject key, instead the f12 key is used.
Are other macs like this, and if so, does NetBSD support this?  Also, is
"VGA out to monitor" supported?
Thanks,
Jason