Subject: about X, XFree-4 and linux emulation
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/17/2001 09:20:11
Hi,

Several question/remark about Xwindow on G4-AGP :

1 : By default, only root can read or write to /dev/ws* which are
used by the X server Xmacppc. Shouldn't that be changed ?

2 : in xterm, with a first generation of G4 keyboard (the little one),
I can't find the key-combination to get the `pipe' |.
am I finger-ill, or is there any file to change ?

3 : I'd like to try Xfree-4:
on ftp://nanra.???.co.jp/.../, only diff files are availables.
Where can I find sources for XFree-4/NetBSD/macppc ? and preferably
pre-compiled binaries... do the xsrc.tgz file available on the netbsd ftp
site correspond to XFree-4.

4 : I read even XFree-4 on ATI 128 is not accelerated. Is someone working
on that ?

5 : The NetBSD installed is 1.5.1 beta 2, and i have downloaded
syssrc.tgz from the /NetBSD-1.5 directory. Emmanuel Dreyfus recently did
the linux-stuff for macppc, but adding COMPAT_LINUX in the kernel CONFIG
file doesn't seem to please the config executable...
should I use the -current- sources ?
if yes, that does implies to rebuild lots of things... isn'it ?

Thank a lot. Hope I'm not the 'thousanth' guy to ask the same question.
I'm sure I am, but...

--
Samuel.