Subject: Re: Installing 1.5 on mac G4 AGP getting me nuts !
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Samuel Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/13/2001 21:43:05
Le dimanche 13 mai 2001, =E0 08:59, Michael Wolfson a =E9crit :

> Then take the 1.5.1_BETA2 snapshot.  What we call BETA is what most=20
> other
> OSes call a .0 release.  Put the floppy boot.fs file on an HFS=20
> partition,
> along with ofwboot.xcf.  Type:
> boot hd:ofwboot.xcf hd:boot.fs
>
> That should work, but I don't think the INSTALL kernel has ethernet=20
> drivers
> for OF3 systems yet, so you'd need the distribution sets on a CD-R.

indeed, that worked ! i will now burn the sets on a CD-R (should I use=20=

ISO9660 format ?)
and continue installing 1.5.1BETA2...
Except that : The hard disk I want to instal netbsd on is large (IBM 40=20=

Go)
and I want to let 10 Go for NetBSD and 30Go for a HFS+ partition=20
(accessed via MacOSX)
I have partitionned the HD with MacOS9.1 tool
and I don't see where to tell sysinst NOT to partition the disk... it=20
sholud recognize
Apple Partition Map shouldn't it ?

--
Samuel Hornus.