Subject: concluding ..(was Re: kernel panic on write to disk in install)
To: netbsd-port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2001 09:51:35
at end+14034cc
at end+1402a20
at end+214459b8
db>

any help? anything else I can do?

I have basically narrowed my problems down to half-completed mesh
drivers. I have an ATTO (ncr*) Host Adapter which I discovered
last night, can install the entire distribution set without a
hitch. I cannot seem to boot from it ..

Q. How do I tell with OF `.properties' or somesuch, whether a
device is bootable?

So after installing with the ATTO card, I swapped the hdd back to
the mesh device - and it just does dies again. Also note that
I have had the exact same experience on a 7300. Surely someone
has used mesh on these machines before to some better effect?

Next bet is to try 1.4 boot.fs and see if the mesh support was
less broken there :\

I have 3 machines (and a lab more of them) here if someone wants
me to run some tests?

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com    Melbourne, Australia