Subject: 1.5.1 making good progress
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/10/2001 01:03:52
I just tried building the 1.5.1_BETA2 install floppy, and things are
looking good!

Tsubai-san has incorporated a keyboard driver for the recent PowerBooks and
original iBook.  Not a hack, but a real working driver.

The boot floppy has drivers for Open Firmware 3 models.

It reliably boots my PowerBook (FireWire) (as opposed to trying to load an
ELF kernel directly from OF 3).

*Very* good work, y'all.

Now, there are only three problems that need to be solved before 1.5.1 is
easy to install for *all* users:

http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=12631
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=12892
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=10779

The first one is critically important (i.e. create fstab, but bypass
disklabeling and bootloader installing), and the other two are less
critical, but still important for a good user experience.

Thanks,
  -- MW