Subject: Re: awacs audio
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/09/2001 18:46:12
On Wed, May 09 2001 at 08:45:49 -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> At 11:07 AM -0400 5/9/01, Chris Tribo wrote:
> :)	The driver was just pulled up for 1.5 and AFAIK, you, Bill
> :)Studmend and I are the only three people to try using sound. We both have
> :)Beige G3's (AWACS Screamer) and can neither play or record sound last I
> :)heard.
>
> Cool, bleeding edge!  Well, I can definitively say that mpg123 plays audio
> just fine (albeit using the worst speaker possible) on my 7300.  Does that
> make me the first person to actually get NetBSD/macppc to play audio using
> the built-in device, or you two have tried on various machines and found
> only your Beige G3s to not work?
As another data point:

I have used awacs on my Umax Apus 3000 maybe a week after the driver has been
commited to current and it worked (playing, haven't tried recording since I
remember that someone said "output only").

The headphone socket (monitor.output=headphones) works as well - at least the fore
one, haven't tried the one on the backside (Is it different? - I don't know.)

But recently (with ~ 1.5U or V) it got worse: mpg123 still plays fine, but
audioplay has problems with sun .au files. Sounds like samples are played
with the doubled rate. Playing with command line options doesn't help.

I know for sure that it has worked at least once in the past.

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.