Subject: awacs audio
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2001 22:14:24
Howdy all,

I just started playing with audio on my 7300 with 1.5.1_BETA, and had a
couple of questions.  How do I play audio CDs and mp3's through the
headphone port (i.e. connected to good speakers)?  mpg123 and audioplay
ignore the settings, and changing the monitor setting with mixerctl does
nothing.  As for audio CDs, very few of the pkgsrc/audio programs actually
work (they compile fine).  I'm still compiling xmcd in the hopes that it's
better than xcdplayer.

Shouldn't there be a man page describing the capabilities of the AWACS
support (like the sb(4) or ym(4) man pages) so someone like me would at
least know how to set the output port, and whether recording is supported?

Is recording not supported with AWACS?  I get:
(al) /home/mw# audiorecord foo
audiorecord: read failed: Operation not permitted

Also, for the FAQ/INSTALL notes, does anyone have any idea what models are
supported with this AWACS driver?

Thanks,
  -- MW