Subject: Booting from a SCSI Drive on a G3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Vickie <muscadin@ez-tel.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/2001 21:56:39

--B_3072031018_21793

Greetings,

I just finished installing NetBSD 1.5 on an internal scsi drive connected t=
an Orange Micro card.  Now, I can=B9t boot into it.  I have tried different
command combinations and nothing has worked.   While installing, it called
the drive sd0.  When I used pdisk to see what the partition number is, it
called the drive /dev/scsi1.4 and said the part. Number was 2.

Now, I am telling Open Firmware to boot like this:

setenv boot-device sd:2/netbsd   (and different combinations of this
command)

setenv boot-device scsi/sd@0:2
setenv boot-file netbsd

And nothing has worked.  I keep getting the message that it can=B9t open that
drive/partition.  Can someone help me?

Thanks for your time.

Salaam (Peace),

Vickie

--B_3072031018_21793

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Booting from a SCSI Drive on a G3</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
I just finished installing NetBSD 1.5 on an internal scsi drive connected t=
o an Orange Micro card. &nbsp;Now, I can&#8217;t boot into it. &nbsp;I have =
tried different command combinations and nothing has worked. &nbsp;&nbsp;Whi=
le installing, it called the drive sd0. &nbsp;When I used pdisk to see what =
the partition number is, it called the drive /dev/scsi1.4 and said the part.=
 Number was 2.<BR>
<BR>
Now, I am telling Open Firmware to boot like this:<BR>
<BR>
setenv boot-device sd:2/netbsd &nbsp;&nbsp;(and different combinations of t=
his command)<BR>
<BR>
setenv boot-device scsi/sd@0:2<BR>
setenv boot-file netbsd<BR>
<BR>
And nothing has worked. &nbsp;I keep getting the message that it can&#8217;=
t open that drive/partition. &nbsp;Can someone help me?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for your time.<BR>
<BR>
Salaam (Peace),<BR>