Subject: Re: Starmax 3000
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/05/2001 10:16:15
Makoto Fujiwara wrote:

> I am using 3000/240 to write this mail.
> To get OF without ADB keyboard, you may need MacOS and BootVars.
>
> (1) Have floppy with BootVars copied. (MacOS:HFS)
>     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/macos-utils/bootvars/
> (2) Run MacOS. MacOS CDROM boot may be fine.
> (3) run BootVars from the floppy. Set variable as
>   auto-boot? false
>   input kbd
>   output screen.
>   write and reboot.

So, now i got finally my black screen during power up.
So my guess now is, that It tries to talk to the serial ports.
And, Just asking because it's really my first "mac something"
the serial ports are (/ttya, /ttyb) and, this both ports are
what have this small modem & printer icons on the back,
and are this small round high density connectors.
right ?

cheers & thanks