Subject: Re: `auto-reboot? true' just hangs
To: netbsd-port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/05/2001 06:35:56
On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 05:40:59PM +1000, Charlie Allom wrote:
> just wanted to say that I have been unsuccessful in delaying my
> boot at all. Has anyone ever been able to do this with the script
> shown in the FAQ?

wBoot works flawlessly on the four machines where I use it. :^>

I also just transcribe it from the web page (no, I do not use
blackslashes, no you don't need to, no I don't know why they're
listed on that other page), typing it by hand in nvedit every damn
time. (Actually, I managed to remember to do this by whacking
SystemDisk with ResEdit before I blew MacOS away about once--a
somewhat easier approach, if less tactile.)

I also use it exclusively on OpenFirmware 1.0.5 machines.

None of my OF 2.x machines require a delayed boot. Yours does?

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net