Subject: Re: successful install on new G4
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Andrew White <awhite@arc.corp.mot.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/04/2001 12:52:39
Michael Wolfson wrote:

> :)Final request:  Is it possible to include 'vi' in the boot.fs shipped
> :)for OF3 use?
>
> First, we'd have to be able to install from two floppies.  As it is, we
> don't have enough space for everything we need.

I think there is some confusion.  With the 1.5.1 distro, the boot.fs file is
the only one that cleanly starts a G4 when booted from HFS+.  This is a
little interesting since it is actually designed for floppy use.  What I'm
asking for is a (separate) G4 boot file (HFS+ compatible) that contains vi.
Since these things CAN'T boot from floppy, we don't have to worry about size
restrictions.

Am I asking for two different boot.fs equivalents?  Yes.  I know there are
other install kernels, but none of them worked when HFS+ booted from a G4.

--
Andrew White                Andrew.E.White@motorola.com