Subject: RE: successful install on new G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruno Clermont <pooh@gnome.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/02/2001 13:00:29
On 02 May 2001 09:49:26 -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> At 09:01 AM 5/2/2001 -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> >At 11:42 AM -0400 5/2/01, Greg Kritsch wrote:
> >
> >:)Ah, there you go, it's a G4 digital audio, according to the pictures.  Now,
> >:)if only I had a gigabit ethernet hub, and, well, something else to talk
> >:)to...
> >
> >OK, thanks!
> >
> >If that's the case, then why is the Power Macintosh G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
> >only supported in -current?  Anyone with one of those care to try a 1.5
> >branch kernel and let me know it's status?  Seems weird.
>
> I built 1.5 and 1.5.1_BETA on my PowerMac G4 dual 450 (with GigE).
> I've fairly certain they can run 1.5 just fine.  No idea about the
> new fast ones but I doubt that they wouldn't run.
> --
> Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt@3am-software.com
> 3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt/
> Cupertino, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message

i have a g4-533mhz i don't know for the audio device, but everything is
working fine, except the bug about the ethernet interface (which someone
post the fix in april on this mailling list.

it come with a cdr, but unfortunely, it's ide, so cdrecord dosen't work
on it.

Bruno Clermont
pooh@gnome.ca
Phone: (514) 906-4820
Cell: (514) 996-3717

"Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake
it." -Seymore Cray, on virtual memory