Subject: Re: `auto-reboot? true' just hangs
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/29/2001 19:16:40
> >   Same here. I have just given up with auto-boot? true for now.
> > I got it to the point where typing "boot" at the OF prompt does
> > boot fine, but trying to enable auto booting will just give me
> > a white screen, and NetBSD doesn't seem to boot either.

I've found that my 8500 doesn't do a cold boot with auto-boot? true
because the disk isn't finished spinning up when OF tries to boot.  I
don't know if that particular cause was covered earlier in the thread
or not...  If so, I apologize for the noise.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...