Subject: Re: Which of the following models will be supported in 1.5.1?
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Louis Gerbarg <gerbal@cs.rpi.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/26/2001 16:49:33
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> Time for me to start updating the install notes.
>
> Which, if any, of the following will work "out of the box" with 1.5.1?
>
> Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh
> 	have one report of problems getting into Open Firmware -- need more
> info

I have no idea if NetBSD works, but I used to have a TAM. The problems is
that its OF will only boot on at 640x480 and it has an 800x600 fixed
frequency screen (640x480 under Mac OS is done in software).

Besides that you need to toggle a few magic values to turn on the
display/set the brightness. You can either do that with cpoke in OF, or
put some code in the kernel to do it.

I have not done this in years, and don't have one handy to track down the
info, but I think that this might be helpful.

Louis