Subject: Re: Booting from 2940UW Controller
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/23/2001 08:58:22
At 8:20 PM -0500 4/22/01, jimtnelson@earthlink.net wrote:
>Further, to my previous questions concerning booting NetBSD/macppc from
>an Adaptec 2940UW controll:
>
>Why can I not load the boot loader from the installation disk and boot
>to  the hard disk on a 2940UW controller?  The approach would be:

the 2940UW has an "older" and a "newer" firmware.  The older firmware
AFAIK is v3.0, and does not contain OF.  It relies on the Apple
ROM to do its thing.  The newer version (4.x) is available on
Adaptec's web site and has OF.  It is a little dated now, though, so
it may not work well on newest machines to boot from the card.

You can check the version from MacOS with Power Domain Control utility,
which came with the card, but also can be downloaded from Adaptec.

-dgl-