Subject: Re: bootable iso image
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/22/2001 23:43:10
On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 06:50:37PM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> At 9:04 PM -0400 4/22/01, you wrote:

> Did you read the part about how OF < 3 requires ISO only -- not hybrid, and
> OF > 3 requires hybrid, not ISO only.
>
> What type of CD is it?  Pure ISO9660 or hybrid HFS/ISO?

Well at first I looked at the iso CD images at Iowa State
ftp://ftp.iastate.edu/pub/NetBSD/iso/ where they have bootable ISOs
that support multible architectures. There the READMEs said that the
OF2.x was bootable and supported. They also said that if you just
wanted a bootable CD for a given architecture that ftp.netbsd.org, in
particular ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/macppccd.iso would
work.

The readme file at the NetBSD site says, "The following architectures
_do_ have bootable CD images: alpha, i386, macppc, pmax, sparc, vax."
It does NOT say the the macppc image is a hybrid unusable to owners of
older PowerMacs. As I believe most current Macs can read ISO images,
how would I tell? Is there a useable ISO available? Should I download
the one that the Iowa state says is specifically OFW2 bootable? Is
there a separate pure ISO9660 iso image site with no hybrids?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com