Subject: bootable iso image
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/22/2001 21:04:44
In my ongoing travails I can't use sysintal with ftp. - so I try to
get the bootable cd image
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/macppccd.iso. I create the
image on a PC with no problem. The CD displays nicely on my iMac. It
is supposed to be bootable but when i try to use it on my
PowerMacintosh 6500/300 it is not recognized. I can't boot from it. I
can't get it recognized when I boot from an install floppy.

the power mach displays openfirmware 2.0.3 when it starts up. It often
freezes. I sometimes have to restart to or three times to get the
openfirmware console. I've tried what variants "scsi/sd@3:0" etc as
the boot device based on what I found in the documentation.

Any idea what gives?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com