Subject: Re: System disk problems
To: todd marek <todd@somahq.com>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/20/2001 23:18:29
From: "todd marek" <todd@somahq.com>
Subject: System disk problems
todd> I'm new to the list and Unix in general.  I've been trying to install onto a
todd> Starmax 3000/200 and having a difficult time getting into Open Firmware.

  I am using 3000/240 with 1.5K every day, I also have 3000/200
sitting here for experiment. If there is something to help I will be glad to
do that.

  To get Open Firmware, I will use BootVars instead of System disk, only because
I am familiar with that. It may be missing some important function compared to
System disk, but I don't know exactly. Sorry.
You will find BootVars is at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/macos-utils/bootvars/

  To run BootVars you need MacOS. I had a experience that
(0) Prepare BootVars Floppy On MacOS
(1) Boot with MacOS CDROM (probably any version),if you don't have
    MacOS volume handy.
(2) Insert BootVars floppy,
(3) run it and set as
  auto-boot? false