Subject: Re: support for the latest G4s
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/17/2001 21:42:53
This isn't really about latest G4s, but I took a look at the
install docs, and want to volunteer some information.

1. I have a Cyclades 8Y (8 port serial PCI card) working in MacPPC
NetBSD.  With stock 1.5, it does not work, but the mods to make the
cyclades card work are pretty small, but still have some annoying bugs,
and I'm still working to make it as solid as I think it should be.

With kernels prior to 1.5, the presence of the cyclades Y card in
the PCI slot will prevent boot.

2. built in serial is sick.  (you know that)

3. I have yet to boot my Beige G3 with OF 2.4 without swapping out
the ROM stick.  I will try to get
some time to try out these directions and report back if they
work.

-dgl-