Subject: Re: Apple License
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@redback.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/15/2001 12:43:15
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin J Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at> writes:
Martin> While browsing the Darwin source, I found several interesting
Martin> pieces of code -- for example an assembler implementation of
Martin> ffs, strlen, memcmp etc. As a test I'm currently running with
Martin> the new ffs code in this here kernel which is about twice as
Martin> fast as the generic C version.
Martin>
Martin>  However, all these tidbits are covered under the Apple Open
Martin> Source License, which doesn't look acceptable for inclusion in NetBSD.
Martin> So should we ignore those snippets? Beg Apple to release them under a
Martin> BSD license?

I've been working on a suite of PPC assembler str* and mem* (and ffs)
routines.  I was going to wait to submit them en-masse when they were
complete, but there really is no reason to.  Give me till the end of
the week, and then I'll send out what I've got.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks