Subject: Re: open firmware and Adaptec 2940UW Controller
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/03/2001 07:25:36
The 2940UW has not been updated in some time, unlike Adaptec's
more recent products (like the 29160 or 2930).  These more recent products
have had to get updates to properly handle the newer Macs, in particular the
"ROM in RAM" architectures.

My bet would be that the 2940UW works well enough to boot MacOS,  because
that is what it was built to do, but is not quite "correct".

-dgl-