Subject: Re: possible sol'n to ioctl error in disklabel
To: None <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2001 13:53:54
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, David Young wrote:

> I should mention that I am drawing an analogy---possibly a false
> one---between Jukka's situation on Sparc and my situation on the G4 Cube.
> It does not seem unreasonable to think that MacOS, too, would constrain
> partition boundaries to cylinder boundaries, and disklabel would try to
> preserve those constraints.

The analogy is false. The problem is that what disklabel does not write
MacOS partition tables, it writes NetBSD ones. Simultaneously using both
strikes me as a BAD idea. So when you go to use disklabel to change
partitions when you've used MacOS partitioning, it complains of an error.

Take care,

Bill