Subject: Re: file system full
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/30/2001 15:03:03
On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, T. M. Pederson wrote:
> On "Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:17:51 -0500", Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu> w=
rote:

> >=09Probably, Your root file system only has 969 k free, that's less
> >than a MB, not a whole heck of a lot of space to compile in. Unfortunate=
ly
> >it seems that you accepted the stupid/silly sysinst default for a root
> >file system size of ~30MB, so the only thing you could do is create a
> >/usr/tmp directory and symlink /tmp to /usr/tmp. Depending on what versi=
on
> >you're running, that may or may not work with the rc.d changes. Failing
> >that, you'll have to re-install and pick a larger root-file system size
> >(~75-100 MB)
>=20
> Another possibility (if the system in question has enough RAM/swap) is
> to set up /tmp as mfs.  I typically add
> swap /tmp mfs rw,-s=3D131072 0 0
> (with the actual size varying) to the /etc/fstab of the machines
> with which I work.  The '-s' takes as its value the number of 512
> byte sectors you want the mfs to use.  Default is half the size of
> swap.  See mount_mfs(8) for more detail.

Thanks very much, I decided to reinstall the system with a bigger "/"
partition because it was a new installation so this was no problem.

=09Grettings
=09J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg