Subject: Powerbook G4 Titanium
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Hein <martin@hein.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/30/2001 11:07:29
Hi,

I trying to run NetBSD on my TiBook. I use the binary snapshot
from 20010323.

I can boot the netbsd.ram.gz image, and so far I have managed
to install the system. So by now I can make the thing dual-boot
NetBSD and MacOS 9.1.

I then went to installing the generic kernel. That kernel will
mount the NetBSD partiotion as root. But with no keyboard.

The netbsd.ram.gz has no trouble finding and configurating the
keyboard.

This leads to my questions.

Is the generic kernel in the lastest binary snapshot lacking
the driver for my TiBooks keyboard?

Is there anyway I can force the netbsd.ram.gz kernel to use
wd0a as root? If so I would be able to compile a new kernel.

Best Regards

Martin Hein