Subject: Re: More macppc snapshot files!
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/28/2001 18:31:38
On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 05:58:51PM -0600, Bob Nestor wrote:
> Gabriel has put together another macppc snapshot installation kernel that
> has been loaded on the NetBSD Server.  His 20010323 snapshot is based on
> sources from the 19th and this installation kernel has USB support.  It
> also recognizes the internal IDE disk on some systems where the 1.5
> kernel didn't.

Anyone else confused yet? ;^>

Just in case you were getting your hopes up, this doesn't mean that
a USB-enabled kernel fits on a floppy, just that netbsd.ram.gz has
USB support. (boot.fs still lacks it.)

> The X files aren't there yet, but Gabriel tells me he's
> working on building them too!  In the meantime I believe the ones
> distributed with the 1.5 release should work for most systems.

Probably true. I'm using X stuff from 1.5E (which was running on the
machine doing all this building prior to a make build), but I don't
expect it's changed much.

It should be noted, though, that all I do is X forward xterms from
the machine; I'm not running an X server on it.

If anybody's got a spare 18 GB SCSI disk they want to throw my way,
this would all happen much faster... ;^>

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net