Subject: Re: final call for OF vars: Beige G3/266 Desktop
To: Daniel Lamblin <daniell@slithy.toves.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/27/2001 14:18:44
At 8:40 AM -0800 3/27/01, Daniel Lamblin wrote:

:)> load-base 6c0000
:)> anything else? I am rying the method of a `reset-all' before each
:)> try of something new, and also using `setenv' instead of just
:)> trying ` boot ide0/@0:0,netbsd'.. As I know this can make the
:)> difference in seeing what is right.
:)
:)um.  a real-base of something might help, and as I understand it,

Actually, the INSTALL notes list what the common Open Firmware error
messages mean.  The problem he had (can't OPEN) means that he's mistyped
the device path.  The real-base problem is that the kernel starts loading,
but hangs before it prints the copyright message.

  -- MW