Subject: Re: [HOWTO] Installing on a recent Mac (DRAFT 1)
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/27/2001 23:15:58
Hi!

> After getting NetBSD installed, the first thing I highly recommend is
> punting the version of X included with it and installing XF86 4.
> Unfortunately, AFAIK there's no snapshot, and the patches necessary
> for macppc have not been integrated into our source tree.  So you're
> kind of on your own there.  If you do build it, you'll find it's a LOT
> faster, and actually supports real screen sizes and depths, though.

There is a snapshot for 1.5, which probably also runs on -current, on
ftp.netbsd.org in /pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/X-4.0.1-1.5

Source is plain X-4.0.1 source with tsubai's patch applied (not in
that dir, though).

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,