Subject: Re: final call for OF vars: Beige G3/266 Desktop
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David Henderson <David.G.Henderson@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/27/2001 13:01:01
Hello Charlie,

Its a little off topic but I installed 1.5 briefly on a Beige 266 desktop
with an internal SCSI drive at work.

I found that I had to insert a scsi terminating plug in the external port
to be able to reliably boot off the internal ZIP drive with the boot.fs
sectors written to it.

I seem to recall that others have had problems with termination and ZIP
drives. My DB-25 scsi terminating plug for this experiment came with my
StarMax. I now have an external HD with termination turned on cabled to the
external SCSI bus.

Termination matters!!

David