Subject: charging battery w/ GENERIC?!?!
To: netbsd-port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/26/2001 21:20:19
Hi,

on my Wallstreet server, I have an old (OLD) power adpater. It
never charged the batteries. I would take them to a mate w/ a
WallStreet charger to charge so I would have my inbuilt UPS
work in a blackout.

Two things happened at once, my hard drive crashed, so I started
using the generic kernel again for a bit, and I moved house.

After these happenings suddenly my battery would charge by
itself. No need for a real Wallstreet charger..

Now it doesn't charge anymore after I moved the machine once
more..

Does this mean  - a) generic kernel let's the hardware charge the
battery, or b) the power supply - upstream of the charger in the
house I was in last - was funky and convinced the hardware into
charging? How can either of these things happen??

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com    Melbourne, Australia
 http://rubberduck.com/    PGP preferred