Subject: Re: [HOWTO] Installing on a recent Mac (DRAFT 1)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/25/2001 17:06:35
>Someone mentioned pdisk for MacOS, but that doesn't work with some of
>the newer controllers (it can't find any drives on the titanium
>powerbook, dunno about the cube) and is also really hard to find these
>days since ftp.mklinux.apple.com seems to have disappeared.

http://www.cfcl.com/~eryk/linux/pdisk/index.html

Here I found eryk's 0.8a2 version, which is the latest. It worked fine with
my iMac DV SE (2000 vintage). Various PPC Linux distro's have earlier
versions. The 0.7a4 that came with LinuxPPC 2000Q4 _doesn't_ work with my
iMac.

-Lasse
(I'm a heretic: I trashed NetBSD-macppc and installed LinuxPPC the other
day. Sorry! I promise to switch back when NetBSD-macppc is more usable.
BTW, "usable" includes MOL. ;-))