Subject: Re: [HOWTO] Installing on a recent Mac (DRAFT 1)
To: M. <root@ihack.net>
From: Dan Winship <danw@ximian.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/25/2001 19:31:01
You didn't mention anything about booting MacOS afterwards... (I assume
that's because you don't do that? :-)

OF claims you can use "mac-boot" to boot MacOS, but that doesn't seem to
work if auto-boot? is false (you just get dumped back into OF again). I
use "bye", but I'm assuming that only works if you left boot-device and
boot-file untouched. So I left them as they were and use "boot
/pci/blah/blah/blah" to boot NetBSD. If you did change boot-device and
boot-file, you can probably boot MacOS with "boot hd:#,\\tbxi" I think
(where # is the appropriate partition number).

Someone mentioned pdisk for MacOS, but that doesn't work with some of
the newer controllers (it can't find any drives on the titanium
powerbook, dunno about the cube) and is also really hard to find these
days since ftp.mklinux.apple.com seems to have disappeared.

-- Dan