Subject: Re: XF86Config: device for Powermac 8600
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/25/2001 11:43:29
>     If memory serves me correctly (probably not, but anyhow), "Bandit" has
> more than one PCI bus. My guess is that XFree isn't probing the second bus,
> or it just plain doesn't recognize the particular video controller.

Have a similar problem here. Commenting it out in the XF86Config gives the
same values as probed values back:

(--) PCI: (0:17:0) ATI Mach64 VT rev 64, Mem @ 0x81000000/24, I/O @ 0x0400/8

Which, according to dmesg, is right:

ofb0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: vendor 0x1002 product 0x5654
ofb0: 832 x 624, 8bpp

And later fails in atiprobe.c (but without a proper error message). This
would suggest to me, that the card type is not supported, but the XFree
documentation says it is.

Maybe they are numbering busses different than we are? Or the macppc support
is doing something wrong?

Martin