Subject: Preserving Apple partition map (Was: ATA/66 Controllers)
To: Daniel Lamblin <daniell@slithy.toves.net>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/23/2001 22:24:53
* Daniel Lamblin <daniell@slithy.toves.net> menulis:

> I havn't tried NetBSD with it yet, mainly because I think I want to use a
> manual install process, which I havn't figured out yet, to preserve my apple
> partition map.  Is that even possible?

Yes--I used Drive Setup under MacOS to create an HFS partition, an A/UX
root partition, A/UX swap, and A/UX usr.  Then when I booted from the
NetBSD CD, disklabel showed the A/UX partitions as wd0a, wd0b, and wd0g
respectively.  I was then able to newfs them without messing up the
partition map, and then unpack the installation tarballs to them etc.

--
Cliff Crawford

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition
         burns a picture to obtain the ashes.  - Chinese proverb