Subject: Re: 20001125 snapshot kernel broken?
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/20/2001 14:20:21
On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 07:41:07PM -0800, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> At 8:42 PM -0500 3/17/01, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> :)I'll still make a new snapshot, though, considering the most recent
> :)one is four months old.
>
> That'd be really cool!  Could you also include (using the same version of
> the kernel source) a kernel with the ADB patch so it would "just work" for
> those of us with newer laptops?

You'll have to reference which ADB patch, but sure.

(I'm still making my -current build tree behave, and working around
course work, so it may take another day or two.)

> :)Shall I also include a GENERIC-NO_USB kernel that'll boot on these
> :)machines (none of which shipped with usb anyhow)?
>
> None of this is a problem if you setenv real-base correctly.  I hate to say
> it to someone who's experienced and contributing to macppc, but:  read the
> FAQ.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#ofw-real-base
> There's also something to this effect in the INSTALL notes.

Hrm.

Thought that had already been done to this machine, but it looks
like that's not the case. (I didn't actually set all of the machines
I've got here up myself.)

Anyway, it's running now and is the machine doing my make build,
so I'll fix that later.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net