Subject: Re(3): Confused about disklabel
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/16/2001 11:58:18
>> >I have it on reasonably good authority that you can newfs and mount
>> >even the 'c' partition.  A completely blank disk with no partitioning
>> >information should be usable as a single big partition inside NetBSD.
>> >I have not tried this myself.
>> >
>>i can verify that... just added a new drive to my NNetBSD box. what i
>>find a bit confusing about disklabel it the interactive flag. it asks you
>>for all the data on your disk which is very nice, but then when you are
>>finished it keeps asking you for new partitions so wasnt able to finish
>>this procedure. any suggestions?? am i doing something wrong here??
>
>I've always run it from inside sysinst;  or else I've used tha Apple
>Partition Map.  Can't help.
>
>In sysinst it has a menu that includes which partition you want to
>change and whether you want to exit/continue (which updates the
>disklabel).

yeah in fact that works like a charm. i was just browsing through the man
pages again... and i think i forgot to give the -I flag, as it is not
explained in the man page. it only shows up on the sample which says...

disklabel -i -I sd0
As previous, only use the built-in interactive editor.

i will be adding another drive to my system within the next week...
so long

Jojo