Subject: Re: Any resolution for LKM issues?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/16/2001 10:34:41
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Bill Studenmund wrote:

# > Therefore (and in order to avoid implementing a totally different LKM
# > memory that is allocated by the kernel).
#
# Unfortunatly that means that we MUST change the toolchain to get them to
# work. :-(

Actually, doesn't that mean that you just change the definition of the
text (-T) address, like the kernel makefile does, or am I just showing my
lack of knowledge on this subject? :-)

I mean, couldn't you build the LKM and pass it -Ttext e0000000 or some
such?   It doesn't strike me that the toolchain itself needs to be changed
for that.

...or is this the 26 vs. 32 bit issue remarked earlier?

[Wolf is seeking education, please not to ridicule the fuzzy-brained lupine.]

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: true inheritors of the UNIX(tm) legacy.