Subject: Re: Booting G4 (again!)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Fairbrother <peter.fairbrother@ntlworld.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2001 19:31:17
Thanks for the tip (I think, it's been driving me nuts!! The original
program doesn't work with OF3).

I worked out a boot command ok (boot ultra1:ofwboot.elf hd:0,) (2 drives,
1MacOS, 1NetBSD on my G4 box - splitting a single drive comes later, I
hope), but when I put it into a program in boot-command OF replies that
ultra1:ofwboot.elf is not a recognised word. I can put the command into
boot-command by itself and it works fine though. If I put ultra1:ofwboot.elf
and hd:0, into boot-device and boot-file then I can't boot MacOS, "mac-boot"
boots NetBSD.

The reference you gave me suggests using 'eval' to pass parameters to 'boot'
in a program. Would this work? Any idea how to do this, or where I can find
out? I've looked at a _lot_ of Forth stuff but I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks
Peter Fairbrother