Subject: Re: MacOnLinux
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2001 11:31:02
Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr> wrote:

Emmanuel> SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
Emmanuel> wrote:

>> It seems that MOL acts as VMWare or Plex86 on PC.  Am I
>> right?

Emmanuel> How is Plex86 integrated in NetBSD? is it in MI
Emmanuel> code or just in i386 code?  Would it be possible
Emmanuel> to borrow code from Plex86 to do MOL for NetBSD?
Emmanuel> Or maybe we could build a MI framework to deal
Emmanuel> with this kind of problems?

Emmanuel> (it's not a proposal, it's a question, I don't
Emmanuel> know if it actually possible)

plex86 is in pkgsrc/emulators/plex86.  It requires recent
-current syssrc for building.  I guess it based on i386
code, not MI.

Well, I should not have recalled plex86, but peace which
enables to run win32 binaries directly on NetBSD/i386.
Since it already is integrated to main source tree,
borrowing code from it is woth to consider.

For integrated peace code, take a look at the files under
/sys/compat/pecoff.  The projects is page also available.

http://chiharu.hauN.org/peace/

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>