Subject: Partitioning during Installation
To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@mipsys.com>
From: Vickie Jean- Charles <muscadin@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2001 11:47:31
Greetings,

I wrote the group before about starting the installer in Open Firmware on a G3 computer.  Thank you all for your help, I finally was able to overcome that problem.

However, I have encountered a new problem.  When it comes to partition my hd, the installer says that it cannot see any drives on my computer!!  Here is my setup:

350MHz G3 w/ 448 MB RAM
master drive: ide, 6 GB
slave drive: ide, 10GB

I am trying to install NetBSD 1.5 on the 6 GB hard drive.  There is nothing on it.  I partitioned it using drive setup to have a 750MB partition to hold the installation files and that is it.  The rest of the drive is free from format.

Can someone help me with this problem?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Salaam (Peace),

Vickie
"People are like tea bags - you have to put them in hot water before you know how strong they are."
Church unknown

Salaam (Peace),

Vickie