Subject: Re: I Got much further to install NetBSD on a mac cube, but still no
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@onthejob.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2001 21:26:00
I thought that someone said this problem has to do with the way that
NetBSD/macppc counts the installed memory, and shuffling the order of
memory modules will help. Does anyone know if this is true?

My Cube tells me the same thing, to the letter, as Dave Low's, except that
"avail memory = 117MB" (I have 128MB installed).

Some people allege that this bug was corrected. However, no one will
share a kernel binary---which makes me wonder how the bug-fix was ever
tested---and the cross-compile process has lost my confidence. So,
unless someone can provide me a kernel binary, I'm dead in the water
until I muster the time and courage (but mostly time...  many hours,
I'd guess) to delve into the cross-compile process again.

Dave

--
David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung@onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933