Subject: status of install tools for 1.5.1
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/11/2001 12:06:26
I'm about ready to start overhauling (again) the INSTALL docs for 1.5.1.
Could someone let me know what the status of installation tools will be for
1.5.1?

Will sysinst have options to not overwrite the apple partition map so we
can install onto a disk with MacOS partitions?

Will it have options to overwrite an apple partition map if we want to make
the drive wholly NetBSD?

Will there be a standard ISO image available specifically for macppc from
the FTP servers?

Will ofwboot.xcf be able to read HFS+ partitions, so we could put the
ramdisk kernel on there as well?  I tried ofwboot.xcf from the 20001125
snapshot and it couldn't access my HFS+ partition.

Could we *please* make sure that all distributions use the same name for
the kernel (this has caused much confusion that some CD-ROM images use
netbsd.macppc, some use netbsd.ram, some netbsd.ram.gz, etc...).

By the way, could someone tell me the syntax to get OF to remember
devaliases between boots?

Thanks,
  -- MW