Subject: Re: booting on a G3 series powerbook (OF-2.0.1)
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/11/2001 10:11:42
>                                   Sun Mar 11 10:05:22 2001
>                                                makoto@ki.nu
In the article far old enough :-)
From: p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr (Emmanuel Dreyfus)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:38:30 +0100

Emmanuel> > boot fd:0 ata/ata-disk@

Emmanuel> I tried to convert this to what is appropriate for me:
Emmanuel> boot fd:0 ata0/disk@

Emmanuel> But it does not work. It's not surprising: the disk has no boot block,
Emmanuel> hence I should supply a partition number.

Have you found the resolution ? I believe you don't need boot block
on the second argument at boot command. It is just a root partition
for the kernel.

Emmanuel> But is ofwboot.xcf able to read an apple partition map?
I belive new code should understand the map.

If you have not found the answer,
and as a last resort,
have new ofwboot.elf included in boot.fs
(I believe at least 1.5K stuff has it),
 and type

0> boot fd:0 -a
Boot: ata/ata-disk@0:0