Subject: Open Firmware problem on Performa 6400/180
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Wilkinson <stevenwilk@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/10/2001 01:56:33
I'm trying to boot the installer from a floppy disk and have been pretty
unsuccessful at getting the open Firmware to start. I hit Command,option,O,F
at the chime and I get the Black screen problem mentioned (ever so briefly)
in the install file.

Here's where I get lost, what am I supposed to do to make this work?

I don't completely understand the install file's solution,
do they mean that you have too hook up some rare device to the serial
port to keep it from booting? that seems a little ridiculous.

I'm pretty new to this, so I apoligize if this is stupid or repetitive to
the veterans.

Thanks for any help,

steve wilkinson