Subject: Re: Update to OS 9.1 makes NetBSD unbootable?
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/09/2001 16:19:42
At 1:02 AM +0100 3/10/01, Martin J. Laubach wrote:
>| It is conceivable that if you re-disklabel (and re-installboot?) with
>| *exactly* the same parameters that you could recover your original
>| NetBSD partitions.
>
>  That's what I did. Luckily, I had my cheat sheet with the
>partitioning data still around, so I could reconstruct the
>disklabel. My data is still here :)
>
>  Does that mean one should never ever put the netbsd partition
>before the MacOS HFS partitions?

No, I think it means you should update disk drivers manually and then
hunt for the option in the MacOS upgrade that will make it skip that
step if you have a NetBSD-disklabel'ed disk.

Wait a minute.  I was assuming that you had a NetBSD disk which was
separate from the MacOS one.  You somehow have a MacOS partition on a
NetBSD-disklabel'ed disk?  How'd you do that?

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.